Florida Agriculture in the Classroom has trained facilitators around the state who can conduct a workshop in your area. Teachers in kindergarten through 12th grade who teach any subject and agriculture industry volunteers interested educating students about Florida agriculture are invited to attend these trainings, which last up to five or six hours and include lessons from Florida Agriculture in the Classroom’s two core curricula, “Project Food, Land and People” and “Keeping Florida Green.” Both curricula are correlated to Sunshine State Standards, and the workshops would train you on how to present them to students.
The workshops and materials are available free of charge or for a nominal fee to anyone who attends. Teachers who participate are eligible for professional development points. If you are interested in having a workshop scheduled in your area, please contact Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Executive Director Lisa Gaskalla by emailing email@example.com.
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom holds local workshops throughout the year.
2013: Get into the Core with FAITC Summer Workshops
- Tuesday June 11, Tampa Bay Area Workshop, Trinkle Center, Hillsborough Community College, 1206 N. Park Road, Plant City, FL 33563
- Thursday June 13, Fort Lauderdale Research & Education Center, 3205 College Ave., Davie, FL 33314
- Friday June 14, Duval County Extension Office, 1010 N. McDuff Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32254
- Wednesday June 19, Orange County Extension Office, 6021 S. Conway Road, Orlando, FL 32812
- Thursday June 20, Escambia County Extension Office, 3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment, FL 32533
- Friday June 21, Lee County Extension Office, 3406 Palm Beach Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33916
**All workshops are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Complete the form below to register for a regional workshop. After registration please mail a check for $10 made payable to:
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom
PO Box 110015
Gainesville, FL 32611
Participants will recieve: free curriculum, lunch, eight professional development points (teachers only) and a gardening activity.
Fill out my online form.